... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Last Week in Minneapolis

Seriously, time goes by so fast. I can't believe this is my last week working for General Mills in Minneapolis. Time to pack, say goodbye, and move on. Again. I'm kind of happy and sad at the same time. Happy that I'm done with my project and I think I did quite well. Sad that I probably will never meet a lot of the people I know from this internship ever again, and that I have to go back to my research at school that I haven't even glanced at for 3 months -____-"

So, tomorrow is my final presentation at work. I'm kind of nervous, but not really. At this point, I just want to get it done, but there is one thing that makes me excited about my presentation and the thing is I get to bake something cute for tomorrow :D Most of the interns who have presented served some kind of food during their presentation, so I figured I would do that too. Let's see, cupcakes are definitely on the top of my list because people will not need utensils or plates to eat them. Gotta make them interesting though and I'm tired of the manufactured store-bought flavors of the boxed mixes. I have to modify the mix somehow.. Hmm.. Ding ding ding ding!! Coconut cupcakes! I have some white cake mixes that I can use for the cupcake base, so I just need to buy a few extra ingredients from Cubs. Yayyyy :D

Here goes the recipe for my easy version of Coconut Cupcakes:

Ingredient (make ~18 regular cupcakes):
1 box white cake mix
1 cup coconut milk
3 eggs
2 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut

Directions:
1. Preheat oven at 350F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. Beat eggs at medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add coconut extract, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Mix well.
4. Add the cake mix and shredded coconut, mix just until incorporated.
5. Scoop the batter into the cupcake pan about 2/3 full.
6. Bake the cupcakes for 22 minutes or until it's done.

Coconut Frosting

Ingredients:
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut milk

Directions:
1. Beat marshmallow creme and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar, extracts, and coconut milk.
3. Beat until all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
4. Store in an airtight container at room temperature before frosting.

*Decorate frosted cupcakes with toasted shredded coconut.

Yummm, the cupcake is moist and coconuty. The frosting is smooth, sweet, creamy, and melts in your mouth. Ugh, I have to stop eating otherwise I can only serve napkins and water at my presentation tomorrow. Anw, pictures are below as usual :D

1 comment:

  1. style phá cách là cá tính ưa thích, bao gồm do go noi that , do go noi that phong khach , do go noi that nha bep , do go noi that phong ngu ... để nhận ra style này, màu xám hay màu gỗ tự nhiên là sáng tạo trang hoàng được áp dụng. những thành phần vật dụng trong nhà thịnh hành trong những gian phòng này là mau ghe sofa phong khach , tu phong ngu , giuong ngu , một số gam màu như màu xám, nâu, đen hoặc màu sắc có liên quan đến màu tối để các người có thể tạo dấu ấn sang trọng. sáng tạo làm đẹp bằng gỗ xuất hiện trong noi that van phong vì họ thấy rằng nó sẽ khiến siêu thị trông sạch sẽ và tươi sáng, tạo nên nét duyên dáng đặc thù trong diện tích học tập riêng của từng người. sat my thuat , gia cong sat , gia cong inox

    ReplyDelete