... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anniversary & Birthday: Pirouline Cake

It's my 4-year anniversary with my boyfriend tomorrow. When he was still here, I used to bake a cake for us every year. This year I'm not baking anything special since he's not here to celebrate our anniversary with me :( It's kind of sad, but thank God for Skype so I can still see him ^^

This morning, my friend suddenly texted me and requested a cake for our friend's birthday tomorrow. Well, I don't get to bake a cake for my anniversary, at least I can bake a pretty cake for someone's birthday. I can't make mousse cake because it takes too much time and eating it off a piece of paper towel (which is what we usually serve the cake on during birthday gatherings) is troublesome. Hence, I go with a simple chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting instead. Everyone likes chocolate and cream cheese, right? The cake part is easy, but what about decoration? It's for a guy's 20th birthday, so I can't put girly stuffs on the cake. Oh I know.. Pirouline cookies! I just make a fence-like structure around the cake with pirouline and decorate the top with pieces of chocolate and fruits.. Easy, sophisticated, and pretty :D
Looks good, no? Personally, I like it a lot :p I think it's one of the best cakes I've ever decorated. I don't care about the taste anymore, if it looks good I'm satisfied :D Oh well, here I am tooting my own horn, lol. Anw, I hope the birthday boy will enjoy this cake as much as I do looking at it.

And to my boyfriend who is thousands of miles away, it would say "Happy Anniversary" on the cake if only you were here -______-"

1 comment:

  1. style phá cách là cá tính ưa thích, bao gồm do go noi that , do go noi that phong khach , do go noi that nha bep , do go noi that phong ngu ... để nhận ra style này, màu xám hay màu gỗ tự nhiên là sáng tạo trang hoàng được áp dụng. những thành phần vật dụng trong nhà thịnh hành trong những gian phòng này là mau ghe sofa phong khach , tu phong ngu , giuong ngu , một số gam màu như màu xám, nâu, đen hoặc màu sắc có liên quan đến màu tối để các người có thể tạo dấu ấn sang trọng. sáng tạo làm đẹp bằng gỗ xuất hiện trong noi that van phong vì họ thấy rằng nó sẽ khiến siêu thị trông sạch sẽ và tươi sáng, tạo nên nét duyên dáng đặc thù trong diện tích học tập riêng của từng người. sat my thuat , gia cong sat , gia cong inox

    ReplyDelete