... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back @ Chambana: Easy Green Tea Cupcakes

Finally, I'm back in Chambana. My apartment is a mess. My room is dusty. Gosh, I don't want to unpack or clean! Okay Lilia, suck it up, roll up your sleeves, and start cleaning! Seriously, this is like working out.

So, after hours of throwing out stuffs, scrubbing, wiping, piling up boxes, and stuffing everything in my limited cabinets or on top of the kitchen counter, my apartment is halfway clean. Alright, that's it for now, I can't do this anymore. I have to do something relaxing.. Bake :D Some of you may think I'm crazy, baking in a cluttered kitchen with limited space after a whole day of cleaning? Yes, that sounds very good to me :)

I don't want to bake something very complicated though and I have to use the truckload of cake mixes I got from work, but with a twist as usual. Let's see what my roommate says. "Green tea", she suggests. That sounds like a great idea. Alrighty, green tea cupcake it is!

Easy Green Tea Cupcake
Yield: 20 cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
2 Tbsp green tea powder (or less if you want a milder flavor)
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup water

Directions:
1. Preheat oven at 350 F and line your cupcake pan.
2. Mix yellow cake mix and green tea powder together to make the dry mix. Set the mix aside.
3. Beat butter until fluffy on medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, and beat until well blended.
4. Add the dry mix alternately with the water. Start with dry and end with dry.
5. Scoop the batter into your lined cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
6. Take the cupcakes out of the pan and let cool.

That's it for the cupcake. Easy right? The cake is light, fluffy, and green-tea-y, just the way I like it. Now, it's time to add another layer of flavor to the cake. Hmm, what do I have in my fridge and pantry? Ooohhh, azuki bean paste.. How about azuki bean cream filling and green tea-azuki bean cream frosting? Perfect!

Azuki Bean Cream Filling

Ingredients:
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
8 oz mascarpone cheese
2 Tbsp sweet azuki bean paste
2 Tbsp heavy cream

Directions:
1. Beat butter and mascarpone together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the azuki bean paste and heavy cream. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Reserve half for the frosting and pipe the rest inside each cupcake.

Green Tea-Azuki Bean Frosting

Directions:
1. Mix the reserved azuki bean cream with 1 Tbsp green tea powder.
2. Pipe mounts of the cream onto each cupcake.


Fhewww, done! The frosting is a little bit broken, but I was too tired to fix it. Well, it still tastes good regardless. When you bite into it, you taste the layers of the creamy frosting and filling, the soft moist cake, yuuuummmm! Anw, here are the pictures of the cupcakes. Pardon me for the not-so-good quality, I couldn't wait to eat the cupcakes so I just randomly snapped a few pictures of them :D

1 comment:

  1. style phá cách là cá tính ưa thích, bao gồm do go noi that , do go noi that phong khach , do go noi that nha bep , do go noi that phong ngu ... để nhận ra style này, màu xám hay màu gỗ tự nhiên là sáng tạo trang hoàng được áp dụng. những thành phần vật dụng trong nhà thịnh hành trong những gian phòng này là mau ghe sofa phong khach , tu phong ngu , giuong ngu , một số gam màu như màu xám, nâu, đen hoặc màu sắc có liên quan đến màu tối để các người có thể tạo dấu ấn sang trọng. sáng tạo làm đẹp bằng gỗ xuất hiện trong noi that van phong vì họ thấy rằng nó sẽ khiến siêu thị trông sạch sẽ và tươi sáng, tạo nên nét duyên dáng đặc thù trong diện tích học tập riêng của từng người. sat my thuat , gia cong sat , gia cong inox

    ReplyDelete