Last weekend, I went to the farmers market with my friends and bought some ripe avocadoes for really cheap price. Another good deal that I found was a pint of organic blueberries for $2. Hmm... blueberry cheesecake ice cream, yummm.... I just bought a new ice cream maker and it came with 2 bowls, so why not? After I came home, I immediately started mixing the avocado and blueberry cheesecake ice cream base. They are so simple and you don't need egg yolks at all!
Avocado Chocolate Ice Cream
5 small or 3 medium ripe avocadoes
1 15-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Mashed the avocadoes and mix them with the other ingredients.
2. Chill the mix in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Put your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer for 24 hours as well.
3. Pour the mix into the ice cream maker and follow the machine's manufacturer's instructions.
4. Freeze the ice cream until firm or eat it right away as soft-serve.
*I used homemade chocolate ganache to make the chocolate ripple in the avocado ice cream. You can use store-bought ganache or make your own by mixing equal parts of hot heavy whipping cream and chopped chocolate. Swirl in the ganache before freezing the ice cream.
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
11 oz (1 8-oz + 1 3-oz packages) of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cup half-and-half
1 pint blueberries, chopped
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until fluffy and lump-free.
2. Add vanilla, lemon juice, and half-and-half and mix thoroughly.
3. Chill the mix in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Put your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer for 24 hours as well.
4. Pour the mix into the ice cream machine and follow the machine's manufacturer's instructions.
5. Fold chopped blueberries and graham cracker crumbs into the churned ice cream before freezing.
6. Freeze the ice cream until firm or eat it right away as soft-serve.
(top: blueberry cheesecake ice cream, bottom: avocado chocolate ice cream)
Yum yum yummmm!!! It is a bowl full of rich, decadent, creamy, yummy goodness :) For those of you who are still skeptical about the avocado ice cream, try it once and you'll know what you've been missing out all this time. Alrighty, happy summer and ice cream time ^o^v