(my best friend who went home for good took this picture, left: me, right: my other best friend who's in NYC now)
Cake mix (baked into cupcakes)
1. Frost cupcakes with frosting.
2. Attach two Oreo halves (the sides with the cream filling) onto the cupcakes as the owls' eyes.
3. Stick one brown M&M onto each Oreo half.
4. Put one yellow M&M in between each Oreo halves for the owl's beak.
5. Cut the Oreo halves without the cream filling in half and insert one on each side of the cupcake for the owl's ears.
6. Pipe feathers using leftover frosting on the owls' ears, foreheads, and cheeks.
I didn't have much chocolate frosting left, so I covered the cupcakes with vanilla frosting and piped the feathers using a mix of chocolate and vanilla frosting. The result...