... tackling one recipe at a time

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

One Lazy Saturday Morning: Toast, Egg, and Bacon

With all of my friends and roommate going on a trip to somewhere warm for spring break, I got to keep the apartment to myself and had a lazy Saturday morning breakfast. My everyday breakfast usually only consists of 2% milk, any cereal I have on hand, and a banana. I love cereal, but after a while it gets boring and I want to make something special for my breakfast this morning. I opened the fridge and I found old sliced white bread, eggs, and bacon. Not very exciting.. Then, I remembered the cover of the newest Food Network magazine..
Toast, egg, and bacon with a little twist, ordinary yet interesting and most importantly, easy. So I took my bread, cut a hole in the middle of it with a large heart-shaped cookie cutter (to make it more interesting), and fried it in a frying pan with a little bit of butter over medium heat. Once the side facing down turned golden brown, I flipped the bread, turned the heat to low, put an egg in the heart-shaped hole, and wait until the egg white became translucent. I took the bread carefully off the pan with a rubber spatula and fried two pieces of bacon on the same pan. The result...
Simple, delicious, hot breakfast for one :) The heart-shaped hole didn't retain its shape, so I think I'll use regular round cookie cutter next time. I fried the bacon extra crispy, but you can fry it less if you like less crispy bacon. The egg was a perfect sunny side-up with tender white and runny yolk..
YUUMMMMM!!! For those of you who are looking for an easy hot breakfast, try it and you'll be amazed at how simple ingredients can have such a big taste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment